Our children's residential division works tirelessly to ensure that every child is given access to the best care possible. We work alongside a number of children’s homes, respite centres and supported living facilities in the West Midlands and Staffordshire and can assist support workers, supervisors and registered managers, who have experience working with children, in finding a job.

Find a JobSubmit CV

Our latest children's residential jobs

We have a number of children’s residential roles available in a number of settings from children’s homes to respite centres.
Take a look at our latest children’s residential jobs.

Roles in children's residential settings

Smile Education recruits for support workers for children's residential settings in the West Midlands

Residential Support Worker

Provide support to vulnerableyoung children and teenagersin residential children's homes, hostels,supported living provisions and youth centres. Thismay involvesupporting individuals and their families with household tasks, personal care, medication and record keeping.And can involve working with children with a range of special needs.

Smile Education recruits for senior support workers for children's residential settings in the West Midlands


Similar to the role of a support worker but with the additional responsibility of supervising a team of staff and volunteers in children's care homes and other residential settings such as respite and day centres;motivating and inspiring them to offer the highest standards of support to all theyoung people thatthey work with.

Smile Education recruits for deputy managers to work in children's residential settings in Birmingham and the Black Country.

Deputy Manager

As aDeputyManager,your roleis to assist theRegisteredManager with all aspects ofrunning the home or provision. You may be asked tosupport the induction andtraining process ofnew members of staff and will be responsible for ensuring the best practiceis followed within the setting at all times.

Smile Education recruits for experienced registered managers to work in children's residential settings in Birmingham and the Black Country.

Registered Manager

To be a Children’s Registered Manager, you must be registered withOfsted. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of managing the residential setting, as well as leading the care team to provide the highest standard of care for the young people you are supporting.

Children's residential settings we work with

我们与一些社会保健机构工作as residential homes and schools, respite centres and day centres. The children within these settings have varying needs which may include but are not limited to Social, Emotional and Mental Health, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and visual or hearing impairments.

OurDay in the Life of Support Workerblog may also help to give you a better idea of what life might be like as children's residential support worker in a children’s home or respite centre.

We work in a number of children's residential settings including children's care homes, respite centres and schools.

The requirements needed to work in a children's residential setting with Smile Education.

Registering with Smile

All children’s residential support workers, supervisors and managers must have the following experience or qualifications in order to register with Smile Education.

  • Minimum of 6 months experience working with children in a similar role

  • Level3or 4inChildren’s Residential Care or a Level 5 in Management and Leadership for Residential Childcare or equivalent

  • Adult and children'sbarred list check- if you don't already have one, we can put one in process for you

  • Thereare alsoa number ofpersonal qualitieswe look out forwhen recruiting children's support workers and managers

Tick all those boxes? Then, we'd love to invite you to register with us. Our registration process is completely online and adheres to APSCo Compliance+ guidelines giving both you and the children you are supporting the utmost protection.

You can find more information成为一个支持工人by reading ourblog.

Refer a friend

Refer someone working in children's residential care to us and we'll give you £100 as a thank you.

Refer Now

Know someone looking for work in a children's residential home or setting? Refer them to Smile Education.

Follow us

Smile Education’s FacebookSmile Education’s TwitterSmile Education’s LinkedInSmile Education’s Instagram

Smile Education is APSCo Compliance+ accredited
Smile Education is Crown Commercial Service Supplier
Smile Education is Cyber Essentials accredited
Smile Education is part of The Recruitment Network
Mental Health in Recruitment
他lp Harry Help Others
back to top